This Cajun seasoning recipe is stuffed with daring taste!
The key is within the good mix of substances which might be seemingly already in your pantry!
Rub it on fish or rooster. Sprinkle it on shrimp or stir it into pasta.
A Staple Seasoning Mix
Cajun seasoning is a pantry staple in Louisiana, and in my kitchen too! It’s simple to make at residence.
- Spicy & versatile! Cajun spice provides a smoky, spicy, and savory pop of taste to recipes.
- DIY Delight! Why purchase it when you can also make it? This straightforward recipe will be made anytime on the spot!
- Deep south taste! Add this scrumptious, flavorful seasoning to grilled shrimp, rooster, fish, or perhaps a shrimp boil. The wealthy spicy taste can also be nice on veggies.
Spices for Cajun Seasoning
Savory – Paprika is the bottom of this seasoning together with onion and garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and salt.
Spicy – A little bit of cayenne offers this seasoning mix some kick! Make it further spicy by including a pinch (or two or three!) of pink pepper flakes, if desired. Stir in some smoked paprika for those who’d like for a deep, earthy, taste!
Variations – To vary it up, some brown sugar will make Cajun seasoning a little bit bit candy and assist the opposite seasonings cling to the meals because it melts.
Tips on how to Make Cajun Seasoning
Double up on this do-it-yourself cajun seasoning recipe, it’s good with proteins from shrimp to pork!
- Whisk the entire substances (per recipe beneath) in a bowl and switch to a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake effectively. Label with the date and retailer within the pantry for as much as 6 months.
Protecting it Contemporary
Cajun spice will be saved for as much as 6 months. If you happen to hold it longer it’s going to nonetheless be nice however the taste might mellow over time.
To maintain it tasting its greatest, retailer the Cajun seasoning in an air tight container. In case you have one, add a small desiccant packet to forestall moisture and clumping.
Did you make this do-it-yourself Cajun Seasoning? Be sure you go away a score and a remark beneath!
Home made Cajun Seasoning
Cajun seasoning is a flavorful mix of spices used so as to add a zesty and barely spicy style to dishes.
Retailer Cajun spice in a sealed container for as much as 6 months.
Energy: 16 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Sodium: 1751mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1170IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.