These are the proper Valentine’s Day deal with to your sweetie – or your self!
Recent ripe strawberries are dipped in chocolate for a easy and delicous deal with. They’re good to take pleasure in for Valentine’s day or when berries are recent and bountiful!
2 Easy Components for Straightforward Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
These are each scrumptious and simple to make as a do-it-yourself reward and also you want simply a few elements!
Strawberries – Select recent and agency berries of any measurement with the inexperienced leaves intact for a pop of shade. Frozen strawberries don’t work nicely for this recipe.
Chocolate – Use white chocolate, milk, semi-sweet, darkish chocolate, or a mix!
Earlier than the chocolate units, sprinkle the berries with toppings should you’d like.
- jimmies or sprinkles
- crushed-up Oreo cookies, graham cracker crumbs
- coconut or chopped nuts like pistachios or pecans
- drizzle with white chocolate
Find out how to Make Chocolate-Coated Strawberries
- Wash strawberries and permit them to dry totally.
- Soften chocolate in a double boiler (per recipe beneath) or the microwave.
- Dip strawberries so the chocolate covers about 1/8-inch from the highest and place them on parchment paper. Add toppings if desired and chill till set.
No Double Broiler? Use the Microwave!
- Place the chocolate in microwave secure bowl and microwave for 30 seconds on 50% energy.
- Stir the chocolate and repeat at 30-second intervals till it begins to soften.
- As soon as it begins to soften, scale back it to 15-second intervals.
Ideas & Methods for Excellent Chocolate Strawberries
- For good chocolate protection, strawberries ought to be at room temperature and dry so the chocolate adheres.
- Keep away from overcooking chocolate or getting any water within the melting bowl, as this may increasingly trigger the chocolate to grab up and turn into grainy.
- For good outcomes, temper the chocolate.
- If the chocolate turns into too thick to dip, gently warmth or stir in a single or two tablespoons of coconut oil.
Find out how to Retailer Chocolate Coated Strawberries
- Put together chocolate-covered strawberries earlier within the day and hold them at room temperature earlier than serving (this prevents them from ‘sweating’).
- Or make as much as a day forward and retailer them within the fridge.
- You possibly can freeze chocolate-covered strawberries on parchment paper then pop them right into a zippered bag and freeze for as much as 3 months.
- Don’t toss that leftover chocolate! Preserve it within the fridge and remelt it for future recipes like chocolate-dipped pretzels, fortune cookies, and bananas.
Did you make these Chocolate Coated Strawberries? Go away us a score and a remark beneath!
Chocolate Coated Strawberries
Chocolate Coated Strawberries are a simple deal with for Valentine’s Day or any vacation. Use white, milk, or darkish chocolate, or a mix!
Wash strawberries nicely and permit them to dry fully.
Place 1″ of water in a small pot.
Break chocolate into items and place in a glass bowl that matches excessive of the pot with out touching the water.
Deliver the water to a simmer over medium-high warmth, then scale back to low and place bowl with chocolate over high. Stir often till melted and easy and the chocolate reaches 88-90°F.
Take away from warmth (I wish to hold the bowl over the pot to maintain the chocolate heat) and thoroughly dip strawberries, holding the stem. Gently shake off extra chocolate and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Garnish with toppings if utilizing.
When all strawberries are coated, place within the fridge to set fully earlier than serving.
- Rinse berries beneath cool water and dab dry nicely with paper towels earlier than dipping. Drops of water can spoil the chocolate.
- Use room temperature strawberries.
- Low gradual warmth is one of the best ways to soften the chocolate, make sure the bowl is just not touching the water. Tempered chocolate is finest.
- Place dipped berries on a parchment paper or waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Make these the identical day you intend on serving them.
- Chocolate lined strawberries are finest saved at room temperature for the day.
Serving: 1berry | Energy: 52 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.003g | Ldl cholesterol: 0.2mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.