This easy-to-make dessert makes use of easy components.
Buttermilk pie has a candy tangy taste with a custard-like texture and is scrumptious served chilled or at room temperature.
- Buttermilk pie could be very simple pie recipe.
- It makes use of components you doubtless have readily available.
- The pie filling is a creamy, velvety custard filling that melts in your mouth!
- This model has a slight lemon taste from the juice however this recipe may be modified by including extracts.
What’s Buttermilk Pie?
This Buttermilk pie recipe is a kind of traditional Southern desserts that we are able to’t get sufficient of. Just like chess pie, however made with out cornmeal, its generally known as sugar cream pie.
The feel of buttermilk pie is just like a thick custard with a barely caramelized high, it’s so good! I’ve an old box of vintage recipes loaded with tons of traditional desserts and that’s the place this recipe got here from.
What does buttermilk pie style like? It has a lightweight vanilla taste and slight trace of citrus in case you use lemon juice.
Elements in Buttermilk Pie
- Buttermilk – The bottom of this pie is buttermilk. You’ll be able to exchange it by making a buttermilk substitute.
- Eggs – Eggs make assist the batter to set. Guarantee they’re room temperature.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar provides sweetness.
- Taste – Vanilla additional and lemon juice (freshly squeezed is finest) add taste. You’ll be able to add a bit little bit of lemon zest in case you’d like.
- Pie Crust – For ease and velocity, use a pre-made crust or make this flaky homemade pie crust if time permits. With a store-bought pie crust, it’s able to go within the oven in beneath 10 minutes!
How one can Make Buttermilk Pie
It’s really easy to make this recipe.
- Beat eggs till foamy. Add butter, sugar, and flour.
- Combine within the remaining components till easy.
- Pour right into a pie crust and bake till golden brown (per the recipe under.)
You’ll know the pie is completed when it has a browned caramelized sugar coating with a really barely “jiggly” heart. Insert a toothpick to verify it comes out clear.
How one can Retailer
Buttermilk pie needs to be saved within the fridge, and it tastes nice chilled however may be got down to heat barely earlier than serving too.
This pie may be frozen. Freeze in double-wrapped slices, or double-wrap and freeze your complete pie. Defrost within the fridge in a single day and serve heat or chilled with whipped cream or easy caramel sauce.
Did you take pleasure in this Buttermilk Pie? Make sure you depart a score and a remark under!
Simple Buttermilk Pie
Buttermilk pie is a straightforward traditional dessert made with easy pantry components! The result’s a deliciously comforting custard pie with a barely caramelized topping.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a 9-inch pie plate with unbaked pie dough.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs till foamy. Beat in butter, sugar, and flour till fluffy.
Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and nutmeg, together with a small pinch of salt, and blend till easy.
Pour the batter into the ready crust and bake for 45-55 minutes till a knife inserted within the heart comes out clear.
Cool fully earlier than serving.
Energy: 400 | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 83mg | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.