These breakfast Egg Muffins are scrumptious for morning meal prep!
Protein-packed and deliciously easy, egg muffins are little handheld egg bites full of our favourite add-ins and cheese.
We make them in batches forward of time and reheat them all through the week.
Make Forward Egg Muffins
- They’re wholesome, naturally gluten-free, and low in carbs.
- Egg muffins are an effective way to make use of up any type of leftovers, together with veggies or meats.
- They’re nice for meal prep! Make them forward of time and reheat them within the microwave all through the week.
- Egg muffin cups are good on their very own or tucked between a few items of toast for a fast breakfast sandwich.
Elements in Egg Muffins
They’re so versatile; you possibly can add virtually something to them and take a look at new flavors each time!
Eggs – Use giant entire eggs. You may as well use half egg whites (from a carton) or egg substitute. I season with salt & black pepper, be happy so as to add different seasonings, herbs, or parsley.
Greens – Bell peppers and diced onion add taste. These muffins are versatile – attempt mushrooms, broccoli, chopped spinach, or diced tomatoes.
Meat – Ham, sausage, or bacon are nice choices in these egg muffins. You should use deli ham, leftover ham, or different leftover meat.
Cheese – Sharp cheddar is a superb alternative for these muffins however you need to use virtually any type of cheese. Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack would style nice, too!
How To Make Egg Muffins
These little egg cups are quite simple to make and style virtually like mini frittatas.
- Grease the muffin tin nicely or use silicone liners.
- Add the add-ins to the muffin wells and high with overwhelmed egg.
- Bake till set and luxuriate in!
Holly’s Fast Ideas
- If including watery veggies like mushrooms, shortly pre-cook them to take away extra moisture.
- Grease your muffin tin nicely or use silicone or parchment liners, the eggs have a tendency to stay to paper liners.
- Fill the muffin cups about ¾ full. They’ll puff up after which fall as they cool.
- Run a butter knife alongside the sides to take away the eggs from the wells.
Storing, Freezing, & Reheating Egg Muffins
Fridge: As soon as baked, egg muffins could be saved within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Freezer: Egg bites can frozen for as much as 3 months. Retailer them in an hermetic container or freezer bag.
To Reheat: Microwave thawed egg muffins for 40 to 60 seconds, if heating multiple, you’ll want to extend the time. If reheating from frozen, they’ll want a bit longer, about 60-90 seconds.
Did your loved ones love these Make-Forward Egg Muffins? Remember to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Make Forward Egg Muffins
Egg muffins are a scrumptious and attractive breakfast, naturally low carb, and simple to make forward of time!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, & pepper till nicely mixed.
Spray a muffin pan very nicely with cooking spray, or line with silicone or parchment liners. Divide the purple pepper, onion, ham/bacon/sausage, and cheese over 12 wells.
Pour the egg combination over the cheese combination.
Bake for 22-25 minutes or till set.
Let relaxation 3 minutes. Run a butter knife alongside the sides to launch the muffins and take away them from the muffin tin.
Serve heat or let cool utterly and refrigerate or freeze.
This recipe will also be made utilizing 6 entire eggs and 1 cup of egg whites.
Additions: Add any type of leftovers, potatoes, veggies, or meats. If you happen to add further add-ins, chances are you’ll want a bit much less egg.
If utilizing sausage, cook dinner in a big skillet over medium-high warmth till no pink stays.
Reheating: Reheat cooked egg muffins within the microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heated by means of.
Serving: 1egg muffin | Energy: 128 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 379mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.