This Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is my go-to for lunch or a fast weeknight dinner.
On the desk in beneath 20 minutes, this straightforward skillet meal combines floor pork or turkey, shredded cabbage, and our favourite eggroll flavors in a single straightforward dinner.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is SO Straightforward!
- 20 Minutes: This recipe is quick to make – no rolling or frying required!
- Clear out the fridge: A good way to make use of up leftover greens within the fridge. Finely chop or shred virtually any vegetable and add it to stretch the meal.
- Meal prep magic: Double the batch and have ready-to-eat meals for days, I reheat within the microwave.
- Household favourite: Even the pickiest eaters will ask for seconds.
Components for Egg Roll in a Bowl
Floor Meat – I take advantage of floor pork, floor turkey, or hen. For a vegetarian model, attempt scrambled eggs or tofu.
Greens – Pre-made coleslaw combine or broccoli slaw makes it straightforward, however you may shred your personal cabbage as properly. So as to add extra to the combo, grated carrots, cauliflower rice, and finely chopped broccoli are all nice choices.
Flavors – Recent minced garlic and ginger add nice taste. Should you don’t have minced garlic, use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in place. Substitute common or low-sodium soy sauce with coconut aminos or tamari if wanted.
Methods to Make an Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Brown floor meat and drain fats per the recipe beneath.
- Add the whites of the inexperienced onions, ginger, garlic, and coleslaw combine and saute till slaw is tender.
- Combine in soy sauce and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro, inexperienced onions, and sesame seeds, and serve sizzling.
Serving & Storage
Serve egg roll in a bowl as it’s or over Instant Pot rice, ramen noodles, and even low-carb zoodles. A crispy, chilly facet of easy Asian slaw or a facet of sesame ginger snap peas are the proper sides to this tasty dish.
Hold leftovers in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 4 days and reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Did you get pleasure from this Egg Roll in a Bowl? You’ll want to go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Egg Roll in a Bowl is a fast and scrumptious meal with the flavors of our favourite egg rolls in a simplified bowl.
In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high warmth, brown the bottom hen or pork, breaking it up with a wood spoon. Drain any fats.
Stir within the whites of the inexperienced onions, ginger, garlic, and coleslaw combine. Cook dinner, stirring often, till the coleslaw turns into tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil and cook dinner for 1 minute extra.
Divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro, greens of inexperienced onions, and sesame seeds.
- Chopped mushrooms, bean sprouts, chopped water chestnuts
- Sriracha or crimson pepper flakes to style
- Nuts like cashews or crushed peanuts
Energy: 353 | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 25g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 841mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 231IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.