Home made Hamburger Helper is a 30-minute meal that’s filled with tacky beef and pasta.
Skip the boxed combine; this selfmade model is fast to make. Floor beef and pasta are simmered in wealthy tacky sauce for a simple one-pan meal.
An Straightforward One-Pan Dish
- One-pot hamburger helper is a simple recipe made with healthful pantry substances.
- Combine and match the macaroni shells, the cheese, or the meat to create a brand new recipe each time!
- This budget-friendly recipe is a good way to make use of up leftovers or sneak in veggies for these choosy eaters!
- It’s simple to double up and benefit from the subsequent day for lunch or dinner once more!
- Bulk it up much more and serve it over homemade mashed potatoes.
Components in Hamburger Helper
This selfmade hamburger helper recipe turns a childhood favourite into a simple selfmade meal.
Floor Beef – Use lean floor beef (80/20) for the very best taste – you’ll want to drain any fats after cooking. You should utilize floor turkey or floor rooster; nevertheless, you would possibly want so as to add extra seasoning.
Broth/Milk – The broth provides taste, milk provides richness, whereas tomato paste provides taste. Exchange beef broth with rooster broth if wanted.
Seasonings – The sauce is seasoned with chili powder and onion powder. Be happy so as to add some garlic powder or taco seasoning to make your individual model of hamburger helper. Italian herbs are one other welcome addition.
Pasta – Select small to medium dimension pasta like shells, elbow macaroni, or penne. Relying on the kind of pasta, you might want a bit of bit kind of broth and/or cooking time.
Cheese – Use sharp cheddar cheese for the very best taste (pre-shredded works simply effective on this recipe).
Variations and Additions
- Cook dinner contemporary onions and/or garlic when browning the meat.
- Stir in contemporary veggies like diced celery, chopped tomatoes, or sliced mushrooms.
- Stir in ½ cup of heavy cream instead of among the milk for added richness.
- Stir in ½ cup of bitter cream after eradicating from the warmth for a bit of tang.
Learn how to Make Home made Hamburger Helper
- Brown the meat in a deep skillet or Dutch oven per the recipe under.
- Add the sauce substances and dry pasta. Simmer till the pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheese cheese.
Leftover Hamburger Helper
- Maintain leftover hamburger helper in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 4 days and reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Leftovers might be saved within the freezer for 4 months in an hermetic container. Thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
Did your loved ones love this selfmade Hamburger Helper? Go away us a ranking and a remark under!
This simple tacky household favourite is a one-pot meal with tender pasta and floor beef in a wealthy zesty sauce.
In a 12-inch skillet, cook dinner the bottom beef over medium excessive warmth till no pink stays whereas breaking apart with a spoon. Drain any fats.
Add the 1 ¾ cups beef broth, milk, tomato sauce, onion powder, chili powder, and salt. Convey to a boil.
Add the pasta and canopy. Cut back the warmth to medium low and let simmer lined, stirring sometimes, for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook dinner for an extra 2 to 4 minutes or till the pasta is tender, including extra liquid as wanted.
Take away from the warmth and relaxation uncovered for five minutes. Add the cheese and stir till melted. Style and season with extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Stir sometimes to maintain the pasta from sticking to the underside of the pan.
- Relying on the kind of pasta, you might want further broth or cooking time.
- Take away from the warmth earlier than including cheese.
- The sauce will thicken because it rests.
Energy: 532 | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 43g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 0.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 1096mg | Potassium: 1071mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 4mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.