This simple and scrumptious maple glazed squash recipe wants just some elements.
Roasted butternut squash is the proper mixture of candy & savory baked right into a caramelized facet dish.
An Simple Facet Dish
- Roasted butternut squash is a straightforward facet dish that wants few elements.
- Prep is fast and there’s no must peel the squash first.
- Slice and serve or scoop it out for a hearty facet dish.
Components for Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash – Butternut squash is good and gentle. For this recipe, you’ll want to chop it in half lengthwise. You possibly can substitute different kinds of winter squash however the cooking time will change.
Maple Syrup – Maple syrup provides sweetness and helps to caramelize the roasted squash. Exchange the syrup with brown sugar or honey.
Spices – I really like heat spices with butternut squash together with cinnamon and ginger. You possibly can exchange it with pumpkin pie spice.
You possibly can add non-obligatory toppings to this roasted squash.
- Nuts – toasted chopped or candied pecans or walnuts
- Bacon – bacon bits may be sprinkled on high over the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Herbs – butternut squash pairs nicely with sage or rosemary, add a bit of bit to the glaze when you’d like.
- Cranberry sauce – in some cranberry sauce into the glaze.
Tips on how to Make Roasted Butternut Squash
- Lower the squash in half, high to backside, with a pointy chef’s knife. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Put together the glaze in keeping with the recipe beneath and brush it over the lower facet of the squash.
- Roast till tender and golden brown.
You possibly can eat this butternut squash recipe as a facet dish or use it so as to add to different recipes. Leftovers are an incredible cubed and added to chili or hearty soups!
Hold leftover maple-roasted butternut squash in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Reheat parts on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Did your loved ones love this Maple Roasted Butternut Squash? Go away us a score and a remark beneath!
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
This candy and savory maple-roasted butternut squash is the proper facet dish for any entree!
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper if desired.
Slice the squash in half lengthwise*. Use a big spoon to take away seeds and pulp within the middle.
In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, and ginger. Brush over the lower facet of the squash and season with salt and pepper to style.
Place the squash halves, lower facet up, on a baking pan and roast uncovered for 45-60 minutes or till fork tender and browned on the sides.
Squash seeds may be roasted and loved similar to pumpkin seeds.
Energy: 138 | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 612mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 20019IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.