Mushroom-stuffed rooster breasts are a formidable dish that the entire household will love.
Boneless rooster breasts are filled with a easy cream cheese mushroom filling. They’re frivolously browned after which baked till tender and juicy.
This recipe is scrumptious and so elegant, you received’t imagine how simple it’s to make!
Savory Stuffed Hen
- Hen and mushrooms are an ideal pair! This recipe combines them in a creamy, herb garlic filling!
- They’re additionally deceptively low carb and everybody in my household loves them!
- Straightforward sufficient for day by day, however elegant sufficient to serve when firm’s coming, too.
- Prep forward of time, chill, and prepare dinner when prepared!
- Simply add a facet of untamed rice or baked potatoes, a easy salad, and a glass of vino.
Elements for Stuffed Hen Breasts
That is considered one of my favourite stuffed rooster breast recipes with a creamy mushroom filling inside!
- Hen Breasts – This recipe makes use of recent boneless skinless rooster breasts however you can even stuff cut up breasts or boneless rooster thighs.
- Mushrooms – White or cremini/brown mushrooms are my first alternative however use any selection. Rehydrated mushrooms or portobello are different nice selections.
- Cheese Filling – Cream cheese is a scrumptious base, I like chive & onion or herb and garlic taste. In case you simply have plain cream cheese, combine in 1/2 teaspoon every garlic powder and chopped parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon of dried basil leaves with a touch black pepper.
- Variations – Add extra herbs, spices, or cheeses like feta cheese or parmesan cheese. Swap out the mushrooms for chopped spinach or add sun-dried tomatoes.
How you can Make Mushroom Stuffed Hen Breasts
These stuffed rooster breasts are stuffed with taste and so tacky!
- Prep filling: Prepare dinner mushrooms and deglaze the pan with a little bit of wine. As soon as the mushrooms are cooled, add the cheese — season to style.
- Fill Hen: Put together the rooster breasts (as per the recipe beneath). Stuff the rooster breasts with the cream cheese combination and safe with toothpicks.
- Bake till a meat thermometer reads 165°F levels on the thickest a part of the meat.
Suggestions for Stuffing Hen Breasts
- Clear mushrooms by wiping off grime as an alternative of rinsing them. Hen broth can exchange the wine if wanted.
- Minimize a pocket alongside the thickest a part of the rooster breast and use a small knife to make it massive sufficient to fill.
- After browning, it’s okay if the opening with the filling is on the facet or dealing with upright.
- Don’t overcook the rooster, it needs to be cooked to 165°F within the thickest half. I normally take away it from the oven a number of levels early as it should proceed to rise because it rests.
- Take away the rooster from the pan because it rests so it doesn’t proceed cooking.
Hold leftover mushroom-stuffed rooster breasts in a lined container for as much as 3 days. Reheat as desired. Slice and add to a can of cream of mushroom soup and serve over homemade egg noodles, or preserve it low-carb and serve with mashed cauliflower potatoes.
Did you make these Mushroom Stuffed Hen Breasts? Go away a score and a remark beneath!
Mushroom Stuffed Hen Breasts
This scrumptious mushroom stuffed rooster breasts recipe is a formidable predominant dish, baked till completely juicy & tender with a tacky filling!
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a 10-inch skillet, soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the onion and garlic and prepare dinner till barely softened, about 3 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and prepare dinner till juices are launched and reabsorbed. Add wine and thyme. Prepare dinner till evaporated however not dry. Cool utterly.
In a small bowl, mix cooled mushrooms with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt & pepper to style.
Utilizing a paring knife, lower a 1 ½″ slit within the facet of the rooster. Transfer the knife round to create a pocket. Fill the pocket in every rooster breast with ¼ of the mushroom combination.
In a small bowl, mix paprika, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Season the skin of the rooster.
In an ovenproof skillet, warmth 1 tablespoon of oil over medium warmth. Brown the rooster for about 3 minutes on all sides or till golden.
Place the skillet within the oven and bake for an extra 17-21 minutes or till the rooster reaches 165°F within the thickest half.
Take away from the oven and switch the rooster to a plate. Let relaxation for five minutes earlier than serving.
- Use any flavored cream cheese. If utilizing plain cream cheese, add ½ teaspoon every garlic powder and chopped parsley and 1/8 teaspoon dried basil leaves with a touch of black pepper or crimson pepper flakes.
- Don’t overcook the rooster, I normally take away it from the oven round 162°F as it should proceed to rise because it rests.
- Let the stuffed rooster breasts relaxation for about 5 minutes earlier than serving. When resting, take away it from the recent pan so it doesn’t proceed cooking and dry out.
To Use Cut up Hen Breasts (bone-in):
- Use a pointy knife to chop a 1 ½″ slit within the facet of the rooster breast and fill as directed. Place rooster breasts within the skillet and brown per the recipe above, about 2-3 minutes per facet. Place the skillet within the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes (165°F).
Energy: 342 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 41g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 796mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.