This spinach dip recipe is the right addition to any occasion or appetizer desk.
Spinach is blended right into a creamy base with chopped water chestnuts, and inexperienced onions for a basic dip that’s filled with taste and straightforward to make!
Use it to fill a loaf of sourdough bread and even mini rolls as little bowls! Serve it chilly with chips, crackers, veggies, or garlic crostini.
A Celebration Favourite
As a lot as I like a very good hot spinach artichoke dip, this chilly spinach dip requires no baking.
- This can be a model of the Knorr spinach dip recipe – deliciously well-known for good purpose!
- This recipe makes use of easy components with numerous room for variations.
Elements for Spinach Dip
- Mayonnaise & Bitter Cream: I begin with mayonnaise and bitter cream. To loosen up this spinach dip, swap out the bitter cream with plain Greek yogurt. Diminished-fat mayonnaise can be utilized as properly.
- Spinach: Use frozen chopped spinach that has been thawed and squeezed to take away extra liquid. You’ll be able to exchange frozen spinach with fresh – cook dinner 1 pound of recent spinach, cool, chop & squeeze it to take away moisture.
- Water Chestnuts – These add nice crunch and a bit texture – exchange them with diced celery or bell peppers if wanted.
- Inexperienced Onions – Add taste and might be changed with chives. Different uncooked onions are too sturdy for this dip, so when you don’t have them, simply go away them out.
- Seasoning: The key ingredient is the seasoning for this dip is a packet of Knorr vegetable soup mix (Lipton makes one as properly). It’s added dry and seasons this dip – no want for added salt.
Variations: To vary it up, stir in chopped artichoke hearts, some mozzarella cheese or perhaps a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
How To Make Spinach Dip
This can be a chilly spinach dip recipe and infrequently served in a “bread bowl”.
- Mix the components per the recipe under.
- Cowl with plastic wrap and chill within the fridge in a bowl for at the very least 2 hours.
- Spoon right into a bread bowl simply earlier than serving.
You’ll be able to skip the bread bowl and serve it with pita chips, pretzels, or tortilla chips if desired.
The best way to Serve Spinach Dip
Celebration Favourite: Choose a loaf of crusty bread and minimize off the highest. Use a knife to hole out the center (save the bread within the center). Simply earlier than serving, fill the bread with spinach dip. Minimize the highest of the loaf and the bread from the middle into cubes for dipping.
For particular person servings, use small dinner rolls and hole them out for mini spinach dip bowls. That is additionally nice served with crackers or toasted sliced baguette.
Hold it low carb and serve with veggies for dipping. Broccoli, mini cucumbers, carrot sticks, or celery sticks make nice dippers.
Did you make this Spinach Dip? You should definitely go away a score and a remark under!
Straightforward Spinach Dip
A easy creamy spinach dip recipe, excellent for any occasion or potluck!
Thaw 10 ounces of frozen chopped spinach. Squeeze the thawed spinach or place it in a fantastic mesh strainer and press with a spoon to take away as a lot liquid as potential.
Drain the water chestnuts and finely chop.
In a medium bowl, mix spinach, water chestnuts, bitter cream, mayonnaise, and dry vegetable soup combine. Stir till properly mixed.
Cowl and refrigerate for at the very least 2 hours or as much as 24 hours earlier than serving.
To make a bread bowl, minimize 1-inch off the highest of a loaf of sourdough bread and use a serrated knife to take away the middle, leaving a 1-inch thick bread bowl.
Fill the bread bowl with the spinach dip simply earlier than serving. Minimize each the highest and middle of the bread into 1-inch cubes for dipping.
Recent spinach – To interchange frozen spinach with recent, take away the stems from 1 pound of recent spinach. Place it in a big non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon of water and cook dinner over medium till the spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes. Cool, chop, and squeeze dry.
Serving – Spinach dip might be served in a serving bowl with crackers, tortilla chips, or crostini.
For particular person servings, use small dinner rolls and hole them out for mini spinach dip bowls.
Storage – Hold leftover spinach dip in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Energy: 174 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 16g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2290IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.