This straightforward sugar cookie recipe is the right vacation cookie!
A easy combination of butter, sugar, and flour with just a few additions, these sugar cookies bake up completely and maintain their form.
They’re good for any vacation, straightforward to make, they usually freeze fantastically!
- These straightforward cookies use easy components. Our household issues that is one of the best sugar cookie recipe since they’re gentle and have a scrumptious buttery vanilla style.
- Pair them with our favourite sugar cookie icing to make festive cookies for any event!
Elements for Sugar Cookies
- Sugar – This sugar cookie recipe makes use of common granulated sugar for sweetness and texture.
- Butter – The quantity of salt in salted butter can fluctuate, so use unsalted butter and add salt for one of the best taste.
- Flour – All-purpose flour brings every part collectively.
- Egg – Egg helps bind every part collectively.
- Different – Vanilla provides taste whereas baking powder helps obtain the right texture. Add ½ teaspoon of almond extract for those who’d like.
The best way to Make Sugar Cookies
- Within the stand mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar collectively per the recipe under.
- Combine in an egg. Add dry components and blend. Scrape the perimeters of the bowl as wanted.
- Chill dough for just a few hours. Roll and minimize with cookie cutters to match the event!
Sugar cookies are finest when baked simply till frivolously browned on the sides.
Bother Taking pictures & Suggestions for a Good Sugar Cookie Recipe
- No parchment – Skip the parchment paper or silicone mat for this recipe. They maintain their form finest on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Room temp components – Guarantee butter and egg are at room temperature.
- Measure flour appropriately – It is very important measure flour correctly. Keep away from scooping the flour with a measuring cup, or it will possibly pack the flour, leading to a dry dough. As a substitute, frivolously spoon the flour into the measuring up and use the straight fringe of the again of a knife to stage it.
- Roll the dough on a frivolously floured floor to 1/4″ thickness. When rolling the dough, if it will get too gentle, put it within the fridge for a couple of minutes. Don’t add an excessive amount of flour when rolling the dough.
- Don’t skip chilling the dough or the cookies will unfold and never maintain their form.
- If baking in batches, don’t place new batches on a heat cookie sheet. This may trigger the dough to unfold.
- If the dough appears powdery or isn’t holding collectively, it isn’t combined sufficient. Proceed mixing with a paddle attachment (for as much as 5 minutes extra), and the dough will maintain collectively. Picture under.
If the dough appears powdery or isn’t holding collectively, it has not combined lengthy sufficient. Proceed mixing with a paddle attachment (for as much as 5 minutes extra), and the dough will maintain collectively. Picture under.
The best way to Adorn Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies are one of the well-liked cookie recipes for adorning. Be at liberty to have enjoyable with cookie cutters, stamped rolling pins, or just minimize them into circles.
To make Christmas sugar cookies, or any time of yr cut-out cookies, guarantee they’re utterly cooled on a wire rack earlier than adorning (or the icing will soften).
You’ll be able to enhance the baked cookies with gentle frostings like buttercream frosting and elaborations, however our favourite is to make use of a easy sugar cookie icing or royal icing that finishes shiny and agency. Tip! Use gel meals coloring for one of the best colours.
An alternative choice is to soften chocolate chips and dip half of every cookie.
As soon as adorned, retailer cookies in an hermetic container. These chewy sugar cookies additionally freeze nicely. Hold in freezer for as much as 3 months.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Nothing says year-round vacation enjoyable like baking straightforward sugar cookies and adorning them with household and associates.
In a medium bowl, combine collectively flour, salt, and baking powder.
Within the bowl of stand mixer or a big bowl with a hand mixer, add the butter and sugar. Beat on medium velocity for 3 to 4 minutes or till fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and blend till easy.
Regularly add the flour combination with the mixer on low. Proceed including till all the flour is and let combine till the dough holds collectively, as much as 5 minutes. If the dough is powdery or not holding collectively, combine it longer.
Divide the dough in half, and kind every half right into a flat 5-inch disk. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill within the fridge for two hours or as much as 4 days.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Whereas the oven is preheating, take away the dough from the fridge. If it has been within the fridge longer than 3 hours, it might want to sit down out quarter-hour earlier than rolling because the butter can be very agency.
Sprinkle the work floor with a light-weight dusting of flour (or powdered sugar) to maintain the dough from sticking. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to ¼-inch thickness.
Reduce out shapes with cookie cutters. The scraps and be re-rolled, chill them within the fridge in the event that they soften an excessive amount of.
Place the sugar cookies 1-inch aside on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or simply till cookies start to brown on the sides.
Cool for two minutes on the cookie sheet, switch to a cooling rack, and funky utterly earlier than adorning.
As soon as cooled, enhance with sugar cookie icing.
- Elements, together with egg & butter, must be at room temperature.
- Keep away from utilizing a measuring cup to scoop the flour. As a substitute, frivolously spoon the flour into the measuring up and use the straight fringe of the again of a knife to stage it.
- Roll the dough to 1/4″ thickness. If the dough turns into too gentle, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it. Don’t add an excessive amount of flour when rolling the dough.
- Don’t skip chilling the dough, or the cookies will unfold and never maintain their form.
- Don’t place new batches of cookies on a heat pan if or the dough will unfold.
Energy: 80 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fats: 4g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 21mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.